Signature Dolphin Swim
- Smallest Group Size Available for ANY Dolphin Swim in Vallarta for the Most Intimate
- Learn How to Use Special Hand Signals to Communicate with the Dolphins
- Jump in the Dolphin Lagoon and Feel the Dolphins as They Swim Around and Beneath You
Dolphins continue to fascinate people everywhere and we would like to offer you the chance to meet our bottlenose dolphins up close for the experience of a lifetime. Our dolphin center features a state-of-the-art lagoon, the perfect environment for your unforgettable dolphin adventure.
We are dedicated to research and education about dolphins and other marine mammals and we always have the best interest of our animals in mind to maintain a fun and safe environment for both our animals and our visitors. We do not offer activities, such as the foot push, that are potentially harmful to our dolphins. Our dolphin program starts out with a lecture about the dolphins' physiology, behavior and lifestyle. A hydrophone will give you the rare opportunity of actually listening to the dolphins as they communicate with each other in their very own beautiful way. This educational part of our program is followed by the highlight of your day: the swim with the dolphins. Take 40 minutes in the water and make a friend by playing and interacting with these wonderful and friendly creatures. Get to know our dolphins and experience for yourself how lovable and curious magical marine mammals are.
We keep group sizes for the dolphin swim small (5 person maximum) to make sure you get the most out of this intimate experience with our lovely animals. This program lasts 90 minutes, including 40 minutes of swimming with the dolphins.
Q: Do I need to reserve in advance?
A: We have a limited number of participants during our dolphin activities, so in order to assure your place we suggest your reservation in advance, especially if you plan to visit us during the high vacation season from November until after the Easter Holidays with a few other Holidays throughout the year. As well, we often offer specials that are only available when you reserve online in advance.
Q: May I bring a camera or video camera to take pictures?
A: Cameras are not allowed into the pools or observation areas for your safety, for the dolphins safety and the safety of the equipment but professional photos will be available for purchase after your experience.
Q: Can I wear Sunscreen? (SPF)
A: While we recommend you wear sunscreen, it must be biodegradable for the protection of our dolphins and sea lions. Any other sunscreen must be showered off before entering the dolphin area. Our gift shops sell biodegradable sunscreen.
Q: Can I wear jewelry?
A: We recommend you remove all jewelry, including wedding rings, ear rings, and piercings, before coming to the dolphin center. Although we provide an area to secure your personal belongings, it is easy to drop, lose or misplace, so we recommend you to leave jewelry and small items secured in your accommodation’s safe or front desk safe.
Q: Why do you limit the number of sessions for people to interact with dolphins?
A: At Dolphin Adventure the animals' health and welfare are of primary importance. The sessions are limited to ensure an enjoyable schedule including a variety of activities for the dolphins. The dolphins spend only a combined total of less than two hours each day voluntarily interacting with the public. The rest of the day is allocated to the dolphins' private time, valuable training time, as well as play and social interaction.
Q: How safe are Interactive Programs?
A: In-water-interactive programs have a remarkable, well-established record of dolphin and human safety. The health and safety records of these innovative programs have been studied, analyzed, and restudied for over 20 years, each time reaffirming their exemplary achievements.
Q: Can I make a Dolphin sick if I participate in a swim program?
A: Since the initiation of in-water marine mammal interactive programs in 1985, there has not been one instance of disease transmission between humans and dolphins reported at any of the facilities that offer "swim with the dolphin" programs.
Q: Can I do any of the dolphin programs if I am pregnant?
A: For your personal safety and the wellbeing of your unborn child we do not allow pregnant women to participate in our dolphin and sea lion programs.
Q: Can special needs visitors participate in your dolphin programs?
A: We do our best in trying to provide this experience to everyone although it is not always possible. It is very important for you to mention during your reservation, which is the specific need. We will assess your request and decide on the best option for your comfort and security in a group setting. Our dolphins gladly interact with all of our visitors, no matter their sex, appearance, or abilities. We also offer an amazing special needs program that is customized and is a private session which we recommend for an enhanced dolphin experience.
Q: Where is the Dolphin Center located?
A: The Vallarta Adventure Dolphin Center is located in Nuevo Vallarta.
Q: What are the minimum ages for the different Dolphin Programs?
- For the Signature Swim, children must be a minimum of 5 years old. Any child age 12 years pays adult ticket price.
- For the Swim Experience, children must be a minimum of 5 years old. Any child age 12 years and over pays adult ticket price.
- For the Dolphin Encounter, all children under 10 must be accompanied by a paying adult. In the Family Encounter, parents may hold children aged 1 to 3 years, free of charge with each paid adult/parent or guardian over 16 years of age. Any child age 12 years and over pays adult ticket price.
- The Dolphin Kids Program is specially designed for children ages 4 to 9 years old.
- For the Sea Lion Encounter, children must be a minimum of 5 years old and 4. 5 feet tall. Any child age 12 years and over pays adult ticket price.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- Cruise ship passengers MUST book dolphin programs directly through their cruise ship
- Minimum age: 5 years old
- Children 5-11 years old: Must be accompanied by a paying adult (16 or older)
- Child prices apply to children ages 5 to 11
- Cameras are only allowed in the guest observation area
- No jewelry or sunscreen allowed
- Lifejackets are provided and required
- Each dolphin program is unique and based upon our groups, trainers and dolphins
- All of our programs are designed with our dolphins wellbeing in mind
- Expecting mothers are restricted