Sea Turtle Camp and Crocodile Adventure
- Become a Volunteer and Conservationist for the Day
- See Some of the Biodiversity That is Found in the Banderas Bay
- Work Directly with Mexican Biologists and Conservationists on Two Different Projects (American Crocodiles and Olive Ridley Sea Turtles)
- Visit the Marshy Lagoon El Quelele to See the Special Sustainable Facilities That Have Been Created to Help Protecr the Fragile Crocodile Community
- See the Hatching Baby Sea Turtles That Only Happens a Few Months Out of the Year
The Banderas Bay has an incredible array of diverse species because of the large variety of ecosystems and habitats. This adventure tour provides you with an opportunity to support the work of two different Mexican conservation projects for local reptiles. You will begin by visiting "El Quelele," a marshy lagoon full of the elusive American Crocodile. The American Crocodiles have been slowly losing their habitat with the development of the local area so at El Quelele a special facility was created in order to protect them with sustainable ecological practices.
Afterwards, you will be able to relocate to a beach and be part of one of Mexico's greatest natural marvels: the hatching of tiny turtles. For just a few months every year on the coast of Puerto Vallarta, Olive Ridley sea turtles come on the sandy shore to lay their eggs. By the light of the moon, these newly hatched baby turtles make their way to the sea from the birthplace that they will one day return back to and continue to cycle of life. Last season, over 200 thousand baby Olive Ridley turtles were released into their new home in the Pacific Ocean!
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- From August thru December
- Only available Thursday, Friday, and Saturday
- Please note that tour departs an hour earlier in winter months, please confirm your pick-up/departure times upon arriving in Vallarta