Sea Turtle Camp Nature Encounter
- Become a Volunteer and Conservationist for the Day
- See Some of the Biodiversity That is Found in the Banderas Bay
- Work Directly with Mexican Biologists and Conservationists
- See the Hatching Baby Sea Turtles That Only Happens a Few Months Out of the Year
For a few months each year we offer an opportunity for you to become part of our Olive Ridley Sea Turtle Conservation effort. Join our conservasionists and take part in the amazing experience of helping baby sea turtles make their way back into the ocean after hatching. Our main goal is to keep the survival rate of these endangered turtles rising.
Come see how the turtle camp collects, cares for, and then releases these young creatures to help keep the population thriving. Last season, over 200 thousand Olive Ridley turtles were released off the Puerto Vallart Coast, into the deep Pacific Ocean. These little guys will miraculously make their way right back to this coast when old enough and lay eggs for the cycle to continue!
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- From August thru December
- Only available Monday, Wednesday, & Friday currently
- Please note that tour departs an hour earlier in winter months, please confirm your pick-up/departure times upon arriving in Vallarta