Marietas Islands Wildlife Preserve Snorkeling
- Snorkeling in One of Mexico's Most Thriving Natural Wildlife Preserves
- Catch Glimpses of Angelfish, Sergeant Majors, Damselfish, and Dozens of Other Species
- A Focus on Snorkeling and Enjoying the Beauty of the Marietas Islands
- Small Group Sizes
Come visit the federally protected Marietas Islands marine sanctuary in Banderas Bay. This island cluster is both a snorkeler's dream destination and an excellent place for bird watchers to experience. The niches and hollows of this volcanically-formed island gives a perfect shelter for birds to lay eggs and raise their young.
Although bird-watching by itself is sufficient to make this journey to the Marietas an exciting adventure, the best aspect by far in this eco-adventure is the awesome snorkeling. The sparkling waters near the Marietas offers not only the best snorkeling in the Banderas Bay, but some of the best snorkeling in the world. The colorful gardens of coral that circles the Marietas provide the perfect shelter for a diverse array of tropical fish and marine animals such as eagle rays, marine turtles, octopi, and sea horses.
What makes this tour unique compared to the others is the one-of-a-kind land-based route that you will use to make it to these awesome islands. First you will take a trip in an air-conditioned van to Punta Mita, a bayside fishing town where you will witness how the native residents of the north shore of the bay live. Then you will get to devour a delicious lunch under a palapa-style shelter looking over the Bahía de Banderas and then move on to a twenty-minute journy over to the Marietas Islands for a day of snorkeling.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- There is a $5 per person fee to enter the Marietas that will be collected upon check in.
- All participants must know how to swim and should have a general level of comfort putting their face in the water
- ALL guests must wear the provided snorkel vests
- Kids under 10 years old and adults over 65 year are restricted
- For safety reasons expecting mothers, person with back, heart or neck problems are restricted
- We require a minimum of 5 passengers to conduct this tour. Please call our offices for the most up-to-date schedule of confirmed tours
- Meet-up in Downtown Puerto Vallarta is at 8:30AM
- Meet-up in Nuevo Vallarta is at 9:00AM
- Entrance to the hidden beach CAN NOT be guaranteed, and tour operators have to check availability each day with Bahía Unida Association and with CONANP, since they regulate the spots per boat. There are only 116 spots per day for 176 authorized boats. Our guide and boat captain have no control on this situation and hold no responsibility. Booking in advance does not guarantee access to the hidden beach.