Dolphin Swim Experience
- Interact, Chat, Cuddle, Hug, Kiss, Play and Swim With the Adorable and Extremely Sociable Pacific Bottlenose Dolphin
- Interactive and Educational Orientation to Teach You About the Dolphins
- Get to Know the Dolphins in Shallow Waters Inside of Our Especially Designed Pools
- An Unforgettable Ride Across the Pool With One of the Dolphins
Experience the thrilling opportunity to swim and frolic with these gentle clowns of the sea, the Pacific Bottlenose Dolphins. The modern facilities at our Nuevo Vallarta dolphin center provide the ideal setting for you to learn about these intelligent marine mammals before enjoying 30 minutes in the water to splash around the lagoon with them.
The hour-long Dolphin Swim Experience begins with an educational introduction to the fascinating aquatic lives of the dolphins before a demonstration which will teach participants to converse with the animals through the use of hand signals. You will learn the importance of positive reinforcement in animal training techniques, as well as important safety regulations. After your preliminary indoctrination into the world of the dolphins, it is time to enter the waters of our dolphin sanctuary to play with the dolphins. We limit the number of participants to 8 at one time in order to maximize your personal interaction with these remarkable creatures. Become acquainted with these bright, friendly mammals by hugging, kissing, and rubbing them down.
Enjoy individual swim-time before the thrill of the belly ride -- a truly unforgettable encounter. This will definitely be the highlight of your vacation in Puerto Vallarta.
Do I need to reserve in advance?
We have a limited number of participants during our dolphin activities, so in order to assure your place we suggest your reservation in advance, especially if you plan to visit us during the high vacation season.
May I bring a camera or video camera to take pictures?
Cameras are not allowed into the pools or observation areas for your safety, for the dolphins safety and the safety of the equipment but professional photos will be available for purchase after your experience.
Can I wear Sunscreen? (SPF)
While we recommend you wear sunscreen, it must be biodegradable for the protection of our dolphins and sea lions. Any other sunscreen must be showered off before entering the dolphin area. Our gift shops sell biodegradable sunscreen.
Can I wear jewelry?
We recommend you remove all jewelry, including wedding rings, ear rings, and piercings, before coming to the dolphin center. Although we provide an area to secure your personal belongings, it is easy to drop, lose or misplace, so we recommend you to leave jewelry and small items secured in your accommodation’s safe or front desk safe.
Why do you limit the number of sessions for people to interact with dolphins?
At Dolphin Adventure the animals' health and welfare are of primary importance. The sessions are limited to ensure an enjoyable schedule including a variety of activities for the dolphins. The dolphins spend only a combined total of less than two hours each day voluntarily interacting with the public. The rest of the day is allocated to the dolphins' private time, valuable training time, as well as play and social interaction.
How safe are Interactive Programs?
In-water-interactive programs have a remarkable, well-established record of dolphin and human safety. The health and safety records of these innovative programs have been studied, analyzed, and restudied for over 20 years, each time reaffirming their exemplary achievements
Can I do any of the dolphin programs if I am pregnant?
For your personal safety and the wellbeing of your unborn child we do not allow pregnant women to participate in our dolphin and sea lion programs.
Can special needs visitors participate in your dolphin programs?
We do our best in trying to provide this experience to everyone although it is not always possible. It is very important for you to mention during your reservation, which is the specific need. We will assess your request and decide on the best option for your comfort and security in a group setting. Our dolphins gladly interact with all of our visitors, no matter their sex, appearance, or abilities.
What are the minimum ages for the different Dolphin Programs?
- For the Signature Swim, children must be a minimum of 5 years old. Any child age 12 years pays adult ticket price.
- For the Swim Experience, children must be a minimum of 5 years old. Any child age 12 years and over pays adult ticket price.
- For the Dolphin Encounter, all children under 10 must be accompanied by a paying adult. In the Family Encounter, parents may hold children aged 1 to 3 years, free of charge with each paid adult/parent or guardian over 16 years of age. Any child age 12 years and over pays adult ticket price.
- The Dolphin Kids Program is specially designed for children ages 4 to 9 years old.
- For the Sea Lion Encounter, children must be a minimum of 5 years old and 4. 5 feet tall. Any child age 12 years and over pays adult ticket price.
How do you care for your dolphins?
At our Dolphin Centers, we utilize a program of preventative health care, including daily health assessments, regular voluntary veterinary examinations and dietary needs assessments for each dolphin. We continually provide an exceptionally clean and stimulating environment for them to live and thrive in, while providing a safe and stable setting for their social community (pods) and family to reproduce and grow.Our dolphins have exhibited a particularly high level of good health.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- Cruise ship passengers MUST book through cruise line
- Minimum age: 5 years old
- Children 5-11 years old: Must be accompanied by a paying adult (16 or older)
- Child prices apply to children ages 5 to 11
- Cameras are only allowed in the guest observation area
- No jewelry or sunscreen allowed
- Lifejackets are available upon request
- Each dolphin program is unique and based upon our groups, trainers and dolphins
- All of our programs are designed with our dolphins wellbeing in mind
- Expecting mothers are restricted