Dolphin Extreme Swim
- Immerse Yourself in the World of Our Dolphins by Using a Mask, Snorkel, and Fins to Snorkel, Swim, Ride, and Play With These Friendly Animals
- A One-Of-A-Kind Free Swim Experience With One of the Planet's Most Amazing Animals
- Touch and Play With the Dolphins on the Surface and Underneath the Surface of the Water
- Experience an Exhilarating, Unforgettable Foot-Push Through the Water
- Glide Across the Water With a Motorized Water Scooter
- Learn About the Dolphins Through a Short, Informative Briefing From Our Expert Trainers
Join our family of Puerto Vallarta dolphins with the newest dolphin program, the Dolphin Extreme Swim. This program offers dolphin lovers the chance to swim underneath the water with our team of friendly and loyal dolphins. With a mask, fins, and snorkel, you will swim seamlessly with our dolphins, exploring their underwater world as if you were part of the group!
The dolphin adventure begins with a brief educational orientation lead by the team of expert dolphin trainers. You will learn a little about the dolphins' behavior and biology, right before jumping in the water to hang out with them face to face! What makes this tour unique is the free swim using snorkel gear, allowing you to interact with dolphins either at the surface of the water or by diving underneath and interacting with them beneath the surface of the water. You will have the chance to touch and play with the dolphins, feeling their sleek bodies and enjoying their playful behavior.
This tour also has the unique advantage of offering guests the use of motorized water scooters, allowing you to smoothly glide through the pool alongside the dolphins! These dolphins love meeting new people and even more than that, they love playing and interacting with visitors in the water. Our professionally trained dolphins will also take you on a thrilling and heart-warming foot push through the water. After all this fun in the water, guests are treated to drinking water and a snack. You will be a welcomed guest at the Nuevo Vallarta Dolphin Center, one of the world's leading centers for dolphin education and interaction!
Q: Do I need to reserve in advance?
A: We have a limited number of participants during our dolphin activities, so in order to assure your place we suggest your reservation in advance, especially if you plan to visit us during the high vacation season.
Q: May I bring a camera or video camera to take pictures?
A: Cameras are not allowed into the pools or observation areas for your safety, for the dolphins safety and the safety of the equipment but professional photos will be available for purchase after your experience.
Q: Can I wear Sunscreen? (SPF)
A: While we recommend you wear sunscreen, it must be biodegradable for the protection of our dolphins and sea lions. Any other sunscreen must be showered off before entering the dolphin area. Our gift shops sell biodegradable sunscreen.
Q: Can I wear jewelry?
A: We recommend you remove all jewelry, including wedding rings, ear rings, and piercings, before coming to the dolphin center. Although we provide an area to secure your personal belongings, it is easy to drop, lose or misplace, so we recommend you to leave jewelry and small items secured in your accommodation’s safe or front desk safe.
Q: Why do you limit the number of sessions for people to interact with dolphins?
A: At Dolphin Adventure the animals' health and welfare are of primary importance. The sessions are limited to ensure an enjoyable schedule including a variety of activities for the dolphins. The dolphins spend only a combined total of less than two hours each day voluntarily interacting with the public. The rest of the day is allocated to the dolphins' private time, valuable training time, as well as play and social interaction.
Q: How safe are Interactive Programs?
A: In-water-interactive programs have a remarkable, well-established record of dolphin and human safety. The health and safety records of these innovative programs have been studied, analyzed, and restudied for over 20 years, each time reaffirming their exemplary achievements.
Q: Can I make a Dolphin sick if I participate in a swim program?
A: Since the initiation of in-water marine mammal interactive programs in 1985, there has not been one instance of disease transmission between humans and dolphins reported at any of the facilities that offer "swim with the dolphin" programs.
Q: Can I do any of the dolphin programs if I am pregnant?
A: For your personal safety and the wellbeing of your unborn child we do not allow pregnant women to participate in our dolphin and sea lion programs.
Q: Can special needs visitors participate in your dolphin programs?
A: We do our best in trying to provide this experience to everyone although it is not always possible. It is very important for you to mention during your reservation, which is the specific need. We will assess your request and decide on the best option for your comfort and security in a group setting. Our dolphins gladly interact with all of our visitors, no matter their sex, appearance, or abilities. We also offer an amazing special needs program that is customized and is a private session which we recommend for an enhanced dolphin experience.
Q: Where is the Dolphin Center located?
A: The Vallarta Adventure Dolphin Center is located in Nuevo Vallarta.
Q: What are the minimum ages for the different Dolphin Programs?
- For the Signature Swim, children must be a minimum of 5 years old. Any child age 12 years pays adult ticket price.
- For the Swim Experience, children must be a minimum of 5 years old. Any child age 12 years and over pays adult ticket price.
- For the Dolphin Encounter, all children under 10 must be accompanied by a paying adult. In the Family Encounter, parents may hold children aged 1 to 3 years, free of charge with each paid adult/parent or guardian over 16 years of age. Any child age 12 years and over pays adult ticket price.
- The Dolphin Kids Program is specially designed for children ages 4 to 9 years old.
- For the Sea Lion Encounter, children must be a minimum of 5 years old and 4. 5 feet tall. Any child age 12 years and over pays adult ticket price.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are aware of and understand all restrictions pertaining to this tour before booking online or over the phone. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are medically qualified and within any limits listed below in order to participate in this activity. No refunds will be given to those who reserve a spot and can not participate due to the restrictions listed below. For more information please read our cancellation policy and terms and conditions page or call our staff with any questions regarding your ability to participate.
- Minimum age: 8 years or older with strong swimming abilities
- Children 8-11 years old: Must be accompanied by a paying adult (16 or older)
- Cameras are only allowed in the guest observation area
- No jewelry or sunscreen allowed
- Expecting mothers are restricted
- PLEASE NOTE: Cruise ship passengers must book directly through cruise line
- Scheduled times are subject to change. Please call our office for most up-to-date schedules